Pre Procedure Instructions
Pre Treatment Instructions
The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
Do not work out the day of the procedure.
Do not have botox 3 weeks prior
Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo
Do not consume coffee before your procedure
Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Do not exercise at the day of your procedure
* If you are prone to getting cold sores, you will need an antiviral prescription. Physician usually instructs to begin taking it 2 days before procedure, for a 7-10 day course.
* If you have had any type of lip surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a permanent makeup procedure on the lips.
* Fillers: most physicians are giving a 3 weeks wait after lip filler injections like collagen or Restylane. Ask your permanent makeup artist and your doctor about timetables for procedures.
* Oral prosthesis dentures/ partials/ braces and tongue piercing bars may increase risk of getting bacterial and/or fungal infection from the mouth to the lips. Denture wearers generally carry a higher candida/ yeast count.
* Frequent or recent sinus infection puts lips at risk of infection. Recent antibiotic therapy can be responsible for a high candida count. Steroid medications and antacid drugs can allow candida to overpopulate. Smokers tend to have a high count also. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
It is imperative to follow all pre- and post-procedure instructions!
* Do not wear contact lens during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
* Bring sunglasses to wear on your way home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
* Do not dye or perm lashes for 2 days prior.
* Remove your lash extensions before the procedure.
* Do not use eyelash curler the day of the procedure.
*Do not use lash growth serum for two weeks before or after your procedure.
* If you have had any type of eye surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a permanent eyeliner procedure. Most physicians are giving a 2 month ok after cataract, lasik, and blepharoplasty.
After Treatment Instructions
Gently blot the area with clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this every 5 minutes for the full day until oozing has stopped. Removing this fluid prevents hardening of the lymph. Lymph turns into scabs/crusts formed directly where pigment lies freshly will be one of the causes for poor retention.
Days 1-7: Wash
Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin. (Don't worry....THIS DOES NOT REMOVE THE PIGMENT!)
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Dial Soap, Cetaphil or Neutrogena. With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliants.
Days 1-7 Moisturize
Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
Use a fresh pillowcase
Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color
No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.